Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

A life style far from the real environment

I had a chance to visit a village near Nahavand (in Hamedan Province in Iran) called Tavaneh. To my surprise, it was a village of people who give more considerations to their life inside the house. There were not so many trees outside the houses, while the village was located in a very special place (enough water, good weather especially for walnut trees). I was really astonished. Why? Most of the villagers, I was told, were construction workers in Tehran where they have possibly learnt to have good houses. In one house, I saw that the yard was from cement, and I said to myself: why shouldn't there be a green space inside the house. When I asked the householder whether you have a hen and rooster, I was told that these animals are not clean ones. "We have to put time to clean the house". A teacher from the local school told me that people are forgetting their local games and children do not play local games; Most of the students take nap in the school, since they sit awake to watch TV. Cement, TV, and sleeping are taking the place of green trees, hens and roosters, and local games.

I talked to some people and warned them that the life style they are following here in nature contradicts the environment they are living in. They have to come together and think more about their future. Personally I do not like such life. I know that there are people in that village that agree with me and they do not love that too.

For such a village, where poverty is not the real risk, but the life style is threatening the collective life, the best would be village gatherings every now and then. The best would be a series of gatherings by the village council. I am sure that the council can take the initiative and hold constructive meetings with people. They can build a green village, if they would like.

I met an old lady from that village with high potentials in weaving. I was astonished why such old lady cannot act as a teacher for younger women to train them on how they can weave beautiful gelims. I am sure they can  do it, if such training can be organized.

And the last thing is the tourists, especially eco-tourists who can come to the village (which somehow will help to the economy of the village too) and find certain attractions. I think such attractions can be defined. When you look at the village from a further distance, you can easily find out that this village is located in a very special place - then why don't the village residents focus on their attractions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment